MONDAY-FRIDAY. APPROX 8HOURS A DAY.
Sweeping The Nation seeks a Litter Collection Crew Member to provide litter pick up and parking lot cleaning for multiple plazas in the Richmond Hill Area. Under the direction of your Manager, this position will provide litter pick up on a daily basis to ensure a clean, sanitary, and safe environment. Primary functions will be to maintain a litter free environment for the parking, storefront and grass areas of commercial buildings. Early starts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Included but not limited to:
· Picking/Sweeping up trash and litter throughout the parking areas
· Emptying garbage bins and relining with garbage bags
· Wiping down bin lids
· Transporting garbage and litter to dumpsters
· Cleaning bin areas
· Act as eyes & ears for the owner/property manager
· Keeping an eye out for any damage on site e.g. graffiti, damaged curbs, lights out etc. and reporting it
EQUIPMENT USE AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position may require the use of vacuum, pressure washer, lawnmower, weed whacker, blower, drill, cleaning and maintenance products.
This position is a physically oriented and outdoor position.
· May be required to lift heavy objects
· Work outdoors – rain, hail or shine
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and enjoy early morning and outdoor work.
· Ability to work as a team player and display a pleasant, respectful, and positive attitude.
· Provide excellent customer service to guests and staff when needed.
· Strong communication skills required.
· Must have a valid Ontario G Driver License and a clean driving record
· Must be available to work on holidays.
· Must have a smartphone to be able to log in to our app. To log work during shift. To log hours worked and to upload photos and notes.
Starting salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour